T20 World Cup: India women welcomed by Rana Daggubati on Dubai arrival

T20 World Cup: India women welcomed by Rana Daggubati on Dubai arrival

The Indian women’s team reached Dubai on Wednesday, September 25 for the T20 World Cup 2024. On their arrival, they got a special welcome from actor Rana Daggubati, who has acted in blockbuster movies like Baahubali, Ghazi Attack and others.

Asha Sobhana, Shreyanka Patil, Sajeevan Sajana, Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jemimah Rodrigues, Richa Ghosh, Deepti Sharma and others were present at the airport. The cricketers also posed with the actor for pictures.

Here’s the video of Indian cricketers with Rana Daggubati

Skipper Harmanpreet had said that the current team is the best that India have had in all editions of the T20 World Cup. She said that with experience in their ranks, the Women in Blue should be able to live up to expectations in the mega event in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

“If I talk about this team, we have a few players who have been playing for a long time, and they know their roles really well. I can say that this is the best team we are going for a T20 World Cup with,” Harmanpreet had said in the pre-departure press-conference.

“Pooja [Vastrakar] is doing well and Renuka [Singh] is supporting her really well. She [Renuka] is someone who is always giving us breakthroughs. Arundhati [Reddy] is someone who can always come and bowl a few overs for the team and bat in the deep.”

I can’t compare our bowling line-up with other teams because every team has its own positives and negatives, but I’m quite confident in my team. I know what they are doing and what they are capable of,” Harmanpreet added.

India’s opening match in the T20 World Cup is against Sophie Devine’s New Zealand on October 4 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. India advanced to the semis last time around where they lost to the Meg Lanning-led Australia in a thriller.

Published By:

sabyasachi chowdhury

Published On:

Sep 25, 2024

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *